All about Actress Pragathi

Leave a Comment

My first break When I was doing my first year college, I would do modeling for Mysore Silk Palace (Chennai). K. Bhagyaraj saw the advertisement and introduced me as a heroine in Veetla Visheshanga which was dubbed and simultaneously released as Gowramma Nee Mogudevaramma.

How I felt I never thought of being an actress as I lost my dad when I was young. I wanted to help my mom financially and started with dubbing for cartoons. That was when my pal's father saw me and gave me the advertisement offer through which I got the film. I think I'm blessed to be here.

I'm born and brought up in Hyderabad but settled in Chennai. I never had stage fear, camera is like another person talking to me, I fall in love with it every day. My first dialogue was in the hospital where I get treated for amnesia and keep asking the doctor repeatedly where am I?

How my life changed The quicker I came into cinema, the quicker I walked out, was around for two years and seven Tamil films and one Malayalam film. I finished my graduation and got married simultaneously. Three years later I returned to do television serials in all the 3 languages.

There are very few people who can choose their roles whereas I can only opt for it. As an artiste I think I will have to make my mark and then make my choices, I can't sit expecting roles to come my way. From now on you will see me in diverse roles in Dookudu, Damarukam (a majestic character), Naa Ishtam, Kandireega (hilarious mom), Bodyguard, etc. In Badrinath I played a muslim woman.

0 comments:

Post a Comment